Woo. This page is about what it means to be a Philadelphia sports fan. To be from a city both proud and resentful of it’s little-brotherish status. Most importantly, this blog is going to be about what makes us tick. I’m going to be biased, and I’m probably going to be angry, so be prepared. At the same time I’m going to try to let logic rule (occasionally) and present real arguments and analysis.
How do you know if this blog is for you? Here’s some preliminaries:
1. You hate any and all New York (North Jersey) based fanchises.
2. You are still, and we always be bitter about the 2003 NFC Championship game.
3. You will never forget Harry Kalas’ call of the final out of the 2008 World Series. “Swing and a miss struck ‘iimmmmm outttt. The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 world champions of baseballlll!!!!!!!!!”
4. You forgive Allen Iverson for not wanting to practice.
5. You believe that there is no better look in hockey than missing teeth and long hair.
If you answered yes to any of those you’ll probably like this blog. If you didn’t you’re probably a Mets fan, and in that case, you can go back into your hole of irrelevance.